It pays to be a great mate!
You can earn $5 for every mate you invite to Up. Once you’ve qualified (see how below) you can send invites to your friends' mobiles. After they successfully sign up, you’ll each get $5. UpYeah!
To activate this feature in the app you need to complete the following:
- Download the latest version of the app. You can get this in either the Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Verify your email address. If you can't find it, you can resend your verification email from the Hook Up a Mate page.
- Fund your Up account at least $100. This includes all money sent since opening your account.
- Make 5 purchases. Using Apple Pay, Google Pay or your Up card.
Here's a little FAQ to help you get started.
How can I get invites?
If you click into the Hook Up a Mate screen you will be able to see what needs to be done to get invites. It will also update as you complete the criteria, so you'll always know how close you are. Once you've completed all three requirements you will be sent a notification to tell you that you can now send invites.
I don't have any more invites. How can I get more?
When you unlock Hook Up a Mate you're awarded a number of invites. To get more, you'll need the people you invite to accept those invites. Invites do expire after a period of time though, but the best way to get more invites is to make sure you've explained why you love Up to your friends before you send invites to them.
When do I get my bonus cash?
Your bonus will be paid out as soon as your mate completes their sign up and has an Up account.
I was invited but I didn't get a bonus?
Most of the time this means that you didn't sign up using the phone number your friend invited. Unfortunately, we can only provide the bonus to customers who have been invited via this system and have signed up using the phone number invited. You will however, be able to send invites yourself once you qualify and you will be eligible for any bonuses linked to invites you send.
I haven't received a bonus from a friend who signed up
In the Hook Up a Mate screen you will see which mates have signed up. You will only be eligible for the bonus once your friends have fully completed their sign up. We will also send you a notification when they do. Your friends will need to ensure they are signing up with the same phone number that you referred. If they sign up with a different phone number, neither of you will be eligible for the bonus.
Conditions of use
This offer is available from 11am on 16-Jul-2019.
To enable the sending of invites you must be an active Up customer on and have made one or more purchases with Up. Access is typically enabled within 24 hours of this. You will receive a notification once you qualify.
Please note: To send money from Up to another bank, you must first fund your Up account by transfering money into it. Receiving a bonus payment is not considered funding.
To receive the sign-on bonus, the invite needs to be provided through the Up app and the invite text must explicitly state the bonus amount in Australian dollars. If your e-mail, SMS or other notification does not clearly state the bonus amount, you are not eligible for any bonus.
Invites will expire 14 days after they are sent.
We may at our absolute discretion cancel a “Hook Up a Mate” payment without notice to you. Without limiting the circumstance in which we may do so, we may cancel this feature under the following circumstances:
- We believe any of your access methods are or suspected of being used in a fraudulent way
- Your conduct is in breach of the terms and conditions
- We close your account
- We believe the security or quality of the Up app or related services is threatened
- We decide to terminate this feature
- You have unpaid fees or charges, or direct deposit dishonors on your account
- You are sending an excessive number of unsolicited invites
- You are a staff member of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (or Subsidiary) or Ferocia Pty Ltd