Terms & Conditions
Zap's Slice Promotion Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Entry")
Up Money Pty Ltd ACN 624 373 084 (subsidiary of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Pty Ltd ABN 11 068 049 178), The Bendigo Centre - 22 Bath Lane, Bendigo, VIC 3550, Australia. Ph: 1300 236 344
Start date: 01/11/21 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 30/06/22 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years and over, have an Up Everyday Debit Card Account and have registered access to the ‘Up’ banking App on their compatible device.
Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:
To be automatically eligible for a chance to win an Instant Win prize, individuals must spend $30 or more in one transaction using their Up Everyday Card/Digital Wallet (‘Initial Purchaser’) during the Promotional Period and opt to split the purchase with two or more friends (‘Friends’) via the Slices bill splitting function on the Up banking App (“Eligible Transaction”).
The entrant and all two Friends must be Up customers and have a valid Up name and account. Each Friend must contribute a minimum of $5 via the Slices bill splitting function within 48 hours of the Eligible Transaction for the Initial Purchaser to qualify for entry into the Promotion.
The following items will not be counted towards any Eligible Transaction:
- Cash out;
- Any transactions which have been reversed or cancelled;
- Cash advances;
- ATM withdrawal;
- BPay payments;
- Pay Anyone payments;
- Any gambling related transactions; and
- Any transactions via money transfer services.
Only the Initial Purchaser will be eligible to win a prize in this Promotion (and not any of the Friends) and will only be eligible once each of the nominated Friends has paid for their share (i.e. their ‘slice’) of the Eligible Transaction.
Limit one (1) entry permitted per Eligible Transaction. Limit one (1) prize per person each month.
Instant Win Winning Method:
Once the above requirements have been met, entrants will be notified if they are a winner. Each winner will receive an in-app notification that they have received a $10 cashback. The $10 cashback will automatically be added back to the winner’s Up account.
Prize is delivered to winners immediately following an Eligible Transaction, notification is provided through the App at time of prize delivery and will be visible in the Up App "purchase" screen.
The total amount of cashback awarded during the Promotional Period will be determined by the Promoter, but will be a minimum of AUD$25,000 and a maximum of AUD$50,000.
The Promotion will end once the cap amount (as determined by the Promoter) is reached or at 11:59pm AEST on 30/06/22, whichever is first to occur.
Total Prize Pool:
Minimum AUD $25,000, Maximum AUD $50,000
|Prize Description||Number of this prize||Value (per prize)||Winning Method||Conditions|
|Instant winners will receive a cashback of $10, credited directly to their Up account.||Between 2500 and 5000||AUD $10.00||Instant Win||Failure by the claimant to provide correct banking details and/or personal details on the claim form may at the Promoter’s discretion result in forfeiture of the cashback.|
Further Terms and Conditions:
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees of the participating venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim.
- Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize to a prize of equal or greater value and specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP21/01766, NSW Authority No. TP/185 and SA Permit No. T21/1594.
Last modified 27 January 2022