Ferocia is a technology company that is proudly part of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group (acquired in 2021). We hit that sweet spot of having a small company rhythm, with a large company reach and resources. We are proud that the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group is carbon neutral, community minded, and committed to high standards of corporate governance. Operating under that umbrella allows Ferocia to better pursue its mission: financial empowerment through technology.
Banking is an essential service, for the advantaged, disadvantaged, and everyone in between. We believe that through innovation and empathy, we can help the people who most need it have a better relationship with their money.
We have a generous parental leave policy and are extremely friendly to flexible working arrangements. All Ferocians must be vaccinated against COVID-19. We are currently only hiring in Melbourne or adjacent areas as we still value physically getting together.
We take diversity and inclusivity seriously, so no matter who you are, who you love, or what you stand for, we just need you to be yourself.
Ferocia launched Up in 2018 and it has gone from strength to strength ever since. We now have more than half a million Upsiders who trust us to help them build a better relationship with their money. If you don't already know Up inside-out, learn more here
About this role
We’re looking for a data-savvy, creative thinking marketer with wide experience across a number of related areas.
You’ll need to wear a few hats in this role, but you’ll also have a lot of autonomy to take growth initiatives from inception through to delivery and review.
The growth team (Team Rhythm) exists to create and drive step-changes in Up’s growth trajectory. We don’t look for micro-optimizations — it’s about innovative, bold, calculated bets that have real impact on Up’s business KPIs, from awareness metrics right through to acquisition, advocacy, and ultimately revenue targets.
We believe in a product-led growth strategy at Up and work closely with the product design/dev team (Team Mariachi), and in tandem with our talented brand team (Team Soul) to ensure things look, sound and feel completely original in-market.
Your day to day
- Help with the positioning and communication of new Up app features in a way that’ll resonate with our target market (18-35s), and drive acquisition of new users and conversions.
- Help to experiment and iterate on existing in-app growth loops within the app to further improve and accelerate them.
- Collaborate, plan and execute on medium and large scale marketing campaigns for key launches, across multiple teams, being the glue in-between to get things shipped and achieve results.
- Be across BAU activity (both digital performance channels and above-the-line ‘always on’ media, like outdoor, print, etc) and constantly look for ways to improve efficacy.
- Mine all sources of analytics (within the product and beyond it) to look for new opportunities and be able to pitch these convincingly to gain internal support/resourcing.
- Manage costs efficiently, but be willing to take calculated bets/risks when the right opportunity presents (we’re a challenger brand still and need to be distinct and different at all times).
If you were working here this week / or month, here are some actual examples of what you might have done:
- Collaborated with our product team to roll-out through our owned channels a new Up Home feature designed to drive more value for customers and improve loan settlements.
- Collaborated with our data team to identify key insights, and in turn opportunities, to better optimise our Hook Up A Mate referral programme.
- Collaborated with our brand team to broaden awareness externally of our much-loved in-app ‘free coffee’ promotion Perk-up, and locked in a key media partnership to help amplify it.
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing/growth/product role (it’s OK if you don’t have any formal training).
- Comfortable with data (pulling it, combining sources, simplifying it, deriving insights, communicating key learnings from it).
- Comfortable working autonomously and following your nose (you’ll have support around you, but it’s up to you to drive things forward and navigate through blockers with the right attitude).
- Prior experience working closely with creative teams (whether that be agency side or in-house).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering medium-large media campaigns with tangible business results (forget vanity metrics).
- Good knowledge of PR / earned media.
- Good knowledge of digital ads platforms (bonus points if you’ve gone beyond the basics with TikTok).
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics (bonus points if you’ve already got your head around GA4).
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the Up app as an existing customer.
- Prior experience in fintech/banking.
- Prior experience in app/mobile marketing.
- Ability to write SQL (our core BI tool is Metabase).
- Familiar with Amplitude.
- Familiar with Branch.io (or similar).
- Familiar with basic HTML.
Perks & Benefits
- Christmas stand-down in addition to normal annual leave. This year it is 22 Dec 2023 through to 7 Jan 2024 (inclusive).
- 3 months paid parental for either the primary or secondary carer.
- Home loan rebates for our loans (conditions apply)
- In-office gym and end-of-trip facilities.
- Access to no health-check income protection insurance via an optional staff superannuation plan
- Ongoing equity grants (conditions apply, ask us questions in your interview).
How to apply
Send your resume through to Seb Neylan (Head of Growth) at email@example.com along with a bit of a spiel about yourself and what you are looking for in your next role.
We believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.Explore other positions